The beginning of my sockapalOOOza socks. The story so far:
I decided I wanted to make my sock pal some very English socks. So I'm using Amelia/Anna's Elfine's socks pattern, with some autumnal Fyberspates sock yarn, dyed by an Englishwoman living in Wales.
I tried it out first on 2.25mm dpns, but it was too small and dividing the stitches on the lacey side over two needles didn't work very well. So I bought some 2.5mm circs, and I'm off. I've done the toe and four rows of the lace repeat. The size is right and using the magic loop technique means that the row across the front is continuous. It's a bit fiddly and the 60cm needle I've got means it's only just possible. It might be easier with a longer cable. I think most of the fiddliness is because I'm used to dpns and a new way of doing something is always tricky at first. There's a long way to go to a completed pair of socks, but I've taken the first step.