Friday, October 21, 2005

2005 knitting - pink Colinette jumper


big pink finished object
Originally uploaded by the pig wot flies.

It's very very warm and cozy.

Pattern: Annie from the Wayfarer Colinette pattern book

Yarn: Various pink shades of Colinette point 5 from the mill shop.

Needles: straight and circular 12mm

Modifications: I started off making up a size bigger than the biggest size in the book. That turned out enormous, so I frogged the body and reknit it smaller on circular needles. I added short row bust shaping, used a three needle bind off for the shoulder seams and knit the collar in one piece in the round, adding extra rows and using an extra stretchy cast off. Colinette seem a bit sniffy about circulars, why? Surely fewer seams is good on bulky wool.

Date: August - October 2005

I still have a few sticking out ends. I meant to divide each bulky yarn tail in two to make weaving ends in easier, but forgot. One day I'll go back and do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your "big pink finished object" -- it definately looks warm and cozy.