This is what I did to the sock.
It wasn't working so I reduced it to yarn. I've started a guage swatch to prove to myself that that was the problem. When I've worked out what size needles I should be using, I'll start again.
In the meantime, here are some finished objects.
Broad street mittens for my sister DP, looking a very bright pink in this photo.
Pattern: Broad street from knitty
Yarn: Angel sock yarn in Raspberry
Needles: 2.75mm and 3.25mm dpns
Date: started 30 September 2005, finished 14 October 2005
These were almost finished when I joined Nona's Peaceful Palms knitalong, so they don't count, but these do.
More Broad Street mittens in a mystery colour for my other sister HP. She knows I'm knitting her mittens, but wants the colour to be a surprise. I wanted to get these done by 5th November because I think they'd be perfect for wearing to a fireworks party, but unless I knit like a maniac in the next couple of days, that's not going to happen. They won't be long though, HP.