Monday, April 30, 2007

spring socks done


spring socks done, originally uploaded by the pig wot flies.

Finished and enjoying the spring sunshine.

Started: 6 April 2007

Finished: 26 April 2007

Pattern: Elfine's Socks by Anna Bell

Yarn: Curious Yarns sock yarn in Sprung

Needles: 2.5mm circs. I used magic loop for most of it and 2 circulars for the heel.

Modifications: After making my first pair of Elfines for my sock pal last year, I decided I'd need to make them bigger to fit me. I increased the number of stitches to 68, leaving the lace pattern unchanged, but adding an extra knit stitch. On the legs, this means the purl column at either side becomes purl, knit, purl. I also did an toe-up flap heel. They're actually a little baggy at the heel now, so perhaps just one of those changes would have been enough.

spring socks heel

8 comments:

Alice said...

they're lovely! great photos

Amy said...

Those are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I'm jealous and sticking my tongue out at you! I love socks but am so afraid to attempt them. I get to the heel and put them down. These spring socks are absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

i think these have come out absolutely gorgeous. very spring feeling!

Pig wot flies said...

Thank you all!

Tami, if you can knit and count, you can knit heels, I'm sure. Don't be scared!

Anonymous said...

Fab socks! I just found out that you're my Sockapaloooooza 4 recipient. I've got some great ideas now that I've seen your blog. Hope you'll like them!!

Sock Pal

Anonymous said...

hey Tami. I knitted socks and i can only mostly kniw in straight lines!! So if i can do it anyone can. Though i did have the amazing pig wot as a guide!!
GOod luck with some socks. GO on, try, i dare you!

Anonymous said...

Pretty socks!