Wednesday, October 19, 2005

2005 knitting - purple very cherry


purple very cherry, originally uploaded by the pig wot flies.

This was the top where I discovered the delights of short row shaping, essential when you're curvy!

Pattern: Very Cherry from Knitty

Yarn: Twilleys of Stamford Freedom (100% wool, 50m per 50g)

Needles: 9mm circulars

Modifications: short row shaping

Date: June 2005

If I knitted this again, I'd do an extra stretchy cast off. I did OK with trying to make the stitched on the cast off row as loose as possible, but since then I've learnt a few proper stretchy cost off methods which would work better.

In the background you can see my blanket, knitted by my sisters (and a bit by me) and some stitch markers made from an earring which had lost its mate.

No comments: