Now that it's reached its intended recipient I can show you this.
The tree are from Leaves in Relief. I've loved this pattern ever since I saw it, but didn't think it would really suit me as a jumper. The tree pattern makes a beautiful cushion.
This is for my friend H. It's backed in green to match her colour scheme.
Started: 10 March 2008. (Strictly speaking it was started on 7 March, but the first attempt came to a halt when I ran out of wool in that particular shade of off white. That's the trouble with going stash diving in a bag of various balls of unidentified off-white aran.)
Finished: 13 March 2008. (and that includes the sewing. I took it to work on Wednesday to work on in my breaks and then spent most of Thursday finishing it.)
Needles: 3.5mm circs.
It's more or less square. I left off the top leaves to make it a bit more square and then blocked it even squarer. A wet block would have done the job better, but I only had time to steam block. The edging is applied i-cord.
If I made this again I would swatch more thoroughly to make the panel properly square and calculate the right ratio for picking up stitches for the applied i-cord on the sides. Having said that, I'm really pleased with how this turned out and H likes it, so I'm happy. :-)