Wednesday, January 03, 2007

more exciting Christmas socks


These ones were for my little sister, HP.

Started and finished: sometime during December 2006

Pattern: Toe-up, 64 stitches, stocking stitch sock, short row heel (backwards yarnover method) worked over 36 stitches, garter stitch cuff.

Yarn: oddments of various sock wools

Needles: 2.5mm circulars and dpns

Notes: These were fun! I just used whatever colours I felt like. The best bits are where I used three colours at once, in spiralling stripes as demonstrated by Ysolda. I used magic loop technique, (as I do for most socks now. I'm so used to it, dpns feel odd) so my stitches were divided across two needles. I think I pulled a little too tight at the corners, especially when I had multiple colours, so the first sock particularly has a definite line of tighter stitches running up each side. I corrected it to some extent on sock 2, but something to watch out for.

2 comments:

Mary deB said...

Love the multicolour socks! I'll put that on my never-ending list of must-knits! And the tea cosy is marvellous! A bit of texture always is a good thing with that Kureyon, I find...

Happy New Year and all!

Debs said...

I do love HP's socks :-)