This one was pretty quick, really. Started some time in February, finished last night.
Pattern: Drops jacket 103-1 mostly, although the cuffs are adapted from Brompton by Alice Bell.
Yarn: 800g of Debbie Bliss Maya, colour 12.
Needles: 6mm straight and circs. (I started on straight because that was what I had, but it was far too heavy and uncomfortable so I bought some circs, which were much better.)
Notes: My gauge wasn't quite right, so I knitted the M size directions (of the finer gauge set of directions), but ended up with the L size. The cuffs were a last minute inspiration, but they suit the adaptable collar well. The buttons came from John Lewis. I think they're rather lovely.
The wool's a little bit itchy, so I suspect I'll wear the collar down more than up. I'm pleased with how glam this jacket looks. Sort of Russian or Elizabethan. More pictures on flickr or ravelry.
ETA: I knitted the body as written, but the sleeves were knitted circularly from the top down by picking up stitches round the armhole and using short rows to make the sleeve cap. I first saw this technique on a blog which now doesn't exist. Jenna Wilson's knitty article on sleeve caps has some pointers. I got to something I liked by trial and improvement.
This jacket's quite heavy, so (thanks to the Yarn Harlot's timely advice) I stabilised the shoulder and neck seams with crochet.