Monday, November 14, 2005

mystery mittens revealed


pumpkin pie/finished mittens
Originally uploaded by the pig wot flies.

Hiding behind the pumpkin pie are my completed Broad Street mittens for Nona's Peaceful Palms knitalong. These are for my little sister, HP. I hope she likes them!

Pattern: Broad Street

Yarn: Rowan 4ply soft in 379 - Goblin (which is virtually impossible to photograph accurately).

Needles: 2.75mm and 3.25mm dpns

Modifications: tubular cast on, extra stretchy bind off.

I love this yarn! It's soft and has a slight shine to it, probably due to the way it's plied. I like the way you can see the multi-strand yarn doing its thing and making straight columns.

Having knitted 4 of these mittens, I'm a bit sick of this pattern. It's time to knit something else. Back to socks maybe?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job with your completed Broad Street mittens. I love how you've hidden them behind the pumpkin pie!