Wednesday, June 28, 2006

second finished object of the week


somewhat cowl finished, originally uploaded by the pig wot flies.

I finished this in the pub last night, which was great. I finished the second cuff, sewed in a couple of ends and it was done. I do love top-down raglans!

Started 28 April 2006, finished 27 June 2006

Pattern: Somewhat Cowl by Wendy Barnard, with various modifications

Yarn: 700g of Debbie Bliss Maya

Needles: 5mm and 4.5mm circulars

Modifications: different gauge, so followed directions for the smallest size, fiddled with the raglan increases so the armholes didn't end up huge, added short row shaping at the bust, did the waist shaping as decrease darts under the bust and then increase darts at the side. Long arms, with shaping. Collar is only one layer, rather than folded over. Sewn bind-off on neckling and cuffs.

Notes: I love it! I did the neckline before the arms so that I could just split the remaining yarn in half and make the arms as long as I could. I ended up with a small ball of yarn, maybe 20m. It's a beautiful colour and very warm. I did put it on in the pub garden last night when it started to get cool, but I don't think I'll be wearing it much until the autumn. Perhaps on holiday in Scotland this summer.

No comments: