Sunday, April 16, 2006

Elfine's socks finished

At last! Sock two is decidedly more orange than sock one. I hope my sockpal doesn't mind.

Pattern: Elfine's socks by Anna Bell

Yarn: Fybrespates hand-dyed sock yarn in orange and green.
Needles: 2.5mm Addi turbos (love 'em! Magic Loop is great and very fast!)

Modifications: none

This is a beautiful pattern. I'd never knit lace before but the directions were so clear that it wasn't hard. I want to make some more of these for me. I can just about get my feet into these, but I think I'll try doing a placket heel instead of a short row heel so they fit me without being too stretched.

Now to wash and block.

7 comments:

Debs said...

You could have taken the photo with a prettier view.

alison said...

Very lovely! The colors are great. I bet that lace will open up and be even more beautiful after blocking!

Anonymous said...

I have been considering doing this pattern for some time. I like the colorway you chose with this pattern!

cauchy09 said...

Those are some cool bright socks! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous AND perfect just the way they are, mismatched coloring and all.

Anonymous said...

Funny how a pattern won't appeal to you until you see it made in a certain yarn/colorway. I've admired a few of her other socks, but Elfine never did it for me, but these are gorgeous! Now I'm definitely going to order the pattern. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

I just received them today and "OH MY GOSH!" They're even more beautiful in person. They're each unique and beautiful. I hope the difference in the colors made them more fun to knit. I've been thinking about trying that pattern. Now, I know I will.
The time and effort you put into them really shows. They fit like a glove...only they're socks. They really do fit even better than the socks that I knit for myself. You picked great colors for me, too.
Thank you so much!!!! I really needed a pick-me-up today and this worked!
:) :) :)