Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

I'm back blogging again. Did you miss me? I've got some Christmas knitting that can now be revealed since it's all been given away.

Here, for Rosie, is the tea-cosy I made for my Grandma.

Started: 17 December 2006 (while watching Miss Marple, which seemed highly appropriate)

Finished: 23 December 2006

Pattern: It's based on this stripy Noro hat pattern, as used by Adrian, but with added crocheted steeks (I made steeks! For the first time ever! Very scary.) so the spout and handle could stick out.

Yarn: About 1 and a half balls of Noro Kureyon, shade 52

Needles: 4.5mm circulars and a 4.5mm crochet hook.

Modifications: Those exciting steeks and a crocheted loop at the top. I followed Eunny's directions for crocheted steeks.

This was a fun knit. I recommend Saartje de Bruijn's pattern to anyone who wants a fetching hat or tea cozy. If I made this as a tea-cosy again, I'd plan the steeks in from the beginning since they need a line of knit stitches, which I had to make by laddering down and reknitting with a crochet hook. Not impossible, but fiddly.

Grandma likes it. She says she's not going to use it until she's bought a new teapot because the old one drips.

No comments: