Monday, January 29, 2007

monkeys and mountains


Morning. I present, one finished monkey sock. I'm quite pleased with it. It's gone quickly, with the help of a long evening's worth of knitting on Saturday night. Modifying the stitch pattern worked well. It's possibly a little short, but I think with blocking and a little wear, it'll be fine.

And here are the mountains.


That's the wrong side of the shetland triangle, forming pleasing little corrugations, like an egg box or very neat mountains. I've done 5 or 6 repeats, (I've lost track, but I'm just going to make it as big as I can, so I'm not too worried) and I've not reached the end of my first hank yet. Sometimes I worry it's still too dense, but stretched out, it looks OK. How should I block it? The yarn's not very tightly spun and mohair's weaker when wet, so I'm thinking I'll pin and spray rather than wet block. Any tips?

2 comments:

Lyndsey-Jane said...

Your monkey sock looks great! Can't wait to see the Shetland finished.

Elaine said...

Hey Pig Wot! Thanks for that link to the Jaywalker pattern! Will definitely look into it as soon as I finish my current sock project (Embossed Leaves Socks from IWK Winter 05).

Love your Monkey sock btw. Be sure to let me know how you end up blocking it. I have no idea/experience with blocking socks.