Monday, October 23, 2006

Arisaig has sleeves! (almost)

It's still missing a second front, but it has two sleeves. Nearly. I have now knitted 3 sleeve caps (first attempt looked OK, until I put it next to the finished front and back and it became obvious that it was far too big, so I knit sleeve 2 smaller and then reknit sleeve 1) and I think sleeve 2 is going to have to come out and be done AGAIN because sleeve 1 is half a repeat longer than sleeve 2. I know what I did. I rewrote the sleeve pattern to make it narrower, or rather, made it up and rewrote as I went. Unfortunately I forgot to write down that I knit one extra half repeat between the end of the increase section and the armhole cast off rows. At least, that's what it looks like I did. So I shall rip out the sleeve cap on the too-short sleeve and knit it again. But that's only one reknit of sleeve cap per sleeve and if I don't reknit it, it WILL annoy me, no matter how hard I try to pretend that it won't. So, one reknit sleeve cap and one front to go. It's like that last little bit of the mountain, just before the top. Or you think it's the top and then you discover there's still quite a bit to go, otherwise known as blocking and seaming.

No comments: