Thursday, January 26, 2006

knitting in the dark

On Tuesday night, I was knitting in a pub, which was great fun, if a bit noisy. I think we must have puzzled the doormen with our large bags of yarn. Hello to Mary, Anne, Liz, Rosie and Claire!

Still no pics, sorry.
I thought I'd record some of my knitting goals for the year.

Currently on the needles:

Angelica in a vintage Jaeger lambswool/cashmere navy yarn. It's very dark, but it feels yummy.

Silk top based on Ubernatural. I might actually rip this out and make another Angelica, or something else entirely, or I might keep going as it is. It's going to be a while before it's warm enough to wear this, so I'm in no hurry.

Currently waiting to be started:

Sock two of a pair of Jaywalkers. Getting the first one done was an epic, but sock two should be straightforward, when I get round to it.

Future projects:

Over Christmas, I acquired some of my Grandma's monster stash. She had bags and bags. I pulled out everything I liked the look of, basically anything purple or pink, plus the navy Jaeger stuff and a large bag of cream aran wool. I have plans for some of it. I'd really like to knit something along the lines of Leaves in Relief with the aran, maybe a cardigan, with or without hood, with the trees on the back cos I don't think trees across the bust would look good on me. I've never cabled before, so I think I need to work up to it. Maybe I'll start with a simpler cable pattern and learn how to read charts.

Another technique I'd like to try is entrelac. Another Knitty pattern, Danica, looks like a good place to start. I've seen some lovely entrelac scarves and stoles in Noro and other long repeat variegated yarns, which might be fun.

This year, I'd like to design and make myself something from scratch, from idea to finished garment. It doesn't have to be too complicated, but something a little more challenging than a scarf. Mind you, there are so many patterns around, that generally it's as easy to adapt someone else's as come up with your own. Still, I'd like to try it.

There will also be socks, baby garments of some sort, perhaps another Clapotis. Who knows what I'll end up knitting?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I want to try entrelac too, and then I think to myself... well, what I think to myself can't be posted in polite company. Anyway, I found your blog from a comment you left somewhere else - your blogname made me laugh right out loud!