Monday, August 07, 2006

need a holiday

My brain is already on holiday, but the rest of me is still stuck in the office until thursday.

I've been thinking about what to take away with me. I'm off up North to Scotland, so I thought I'd take some Scottish inspired knits - Arisaig, which I've been wanting to make for ages and Pixeldiva's Hopscotch socks. And then, for Project Spectrum's August neutrals and black and white, a black and white version of Alice's Lovemeknot socks. Which is quite a lot of knitting for a fortnight's holiday. Hopscotch sock one is already up to the heel and will probably get finished this week. I started Arisaig yesterday sitting in the sun in my back garden. It's lovely, but it's going to take a long time to knit. It starts with 7 inches or so of 2x2 rib, over 154 stitches on 2.25mm needles. After a couple of hours I had about an inch and a half and the ribbing (and the sunshine) were sending me to sleep. I'll take it, but I suspect it's not going to get finished any time soon. But I can spend the next few months knitting it and remembering my Scottish holiday. Sounds like a good plan to me.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I've just started Arisaig too! I was googling for someone who might still be knitting this pattern and came across your site. Let me know how you're going with it. I agree that you need some serious motivation to finish this considering the needle size. (I'm doing the whole thing on 3mm btw as... well it's explained on my blog.)