Monday, November 28, 2005

invisible sock

There's hasn't been much work in progress here recently, for which I apologise.
I've been knitting Jaywalker again (this time with 2.5mm dpns and 92 stitches) and wondering if it was going to work out this time. I didn't want to post any work in progress pictures, just in case it all went wrong again, but happily, I've finished one sock and it fits! It's a little looser I'd like, but there's no way I'm ripping and re-knitting AGAIN!. Details and picture soon.

I've also been knitting a top based on Ubernatural in Hipknits silk, doing some clever maths to convert the pattern from bulky wool to silk. I've used this silk before to make Clapotis and so assumed it knitted up at the specified gauge for that. Of course it didn't and anyway I was using different needles. So I knitted away, decided to check my size when I'd got a skein into it, and it's far too wide. So basically, I've knitted a very large gauge swatch. It's very pretty and I think I'm going to like it, but I'm going to have to rip and re-knit. (Hmm, do I see a theme emerging?)

I've got some Christmas kntting to do which I'm trying to keep secret, so there may not be any work in progress pictures for that either. Oh dear, I'm being a very bad knitting blogger. Pictures tonight, maybe, but I'm making no promises.

No comments: