Thursday, May 10, 2007

bayerische cuff


bayerische cuff, originally uploaded by the pig wot flies.

This is far as it got. The colour's completely off (it's Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in 'Berry' and it's a darker purple). I like the pattern, but it's not big enough to get over my ankle. Going up another needle size might fix it, might not. I'm not completely sure about the colour. The cables would probably pop better in something lighter. I've ripped it out and the yarn is waiting for me to decide what to do. I might try Cookie A's Twisted Flower socks.

In the meantime I've started Rosa's socks from Interweave Knits Spring 07. Except they're toe-up and over more stitches. Funny, the Bayerische socks were actually a rare case of my following the pattern as written. Nothing wrong with the pattern, in that case, just the size of my feet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm your Sockapalooza pal. I'm making a pair of Roza's socks for you!! What a coincidence! I thought you'd like them since you did a pair of Jaywalkers. Would you like another pair of Roza's or should I choose a different pattern? No problem either way as we have the same size feet!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh - these socks are going to look awesome! The pattern is just such a gorgeous one, and I for one think the colour you're using is very, very beautiful! Good luck, I hope they're going to fit!

Pig wot flies said...

ooh hello sockpal! Clearly great minds think alike. And wow, someone with the same sized feet as me, you don't see that every day! Ooh, I don't mind. One can never have too many well-designed socks. it's up to you.

Anonymous said...

Hi again! I'm pleased that my pick of pattern was a good one for you so I'm hoping I can do it again. I want you to be surprised when Sockapalooza is done so I'm choosing something else for you! Good luck with your Roza's.

Your Sockapalooza Pal

Pig wot flies said...

ooh, I like surprises!